AerialZeus LLC, in partnership with 4LEAF, Inc., served as an Independent Evaluator (IE) to provide independent verification and inspection services for San Diego Gas and Electric’s (SDG&E) 2020 Wildfire Mitigation Plan (WMP). This work was performed on behalf of the citizens of California, under the supervision of the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) ’s Wildfire Safety Division (WSD).
To keep Californians safe from wildfires caused by ignition from electrical infrastructure, efforts were concentrated on verifying compliance with the 2020 WMP programs and tasks, validating QA/QC programs, verifying funding failure or success, and evaluating compliance with CPUC General Orders. The resulting Annual Report of Compliance (ARC) was filed with the California Office of Energy Infrastructure and Safety on June 30, 2021.
In fulfillment of the role of Independent Evaluators, our teams focused on the following initiatives:
● Risk assessment and mapping
● Situational awareness and forecasting
● Grid design and system hardening
● Asset management and inspections
● Vegetation management and inspections
● Grid operations and protocols
● Data governance
● Emergency planning and preparedness
● Stakeholder cooperation and community engagement
● Public Safety Power Shutoffs